EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-10-25 05:51:18
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
This demanding far field scene assesses dynamic range and sharpness, including what the camera can deliver in dark areas—an important metric for any camera.
Presented at sizes up to actual pixels (full resolution). Accordingly, crops are not presented.
Sunset Over Mt Conness Drainage
Sigma Photo Pro 6.3.0: SPP settings.
The exposure maxes-out the dynamic range of the sensor in the dp0 Quattro as shown in the RawDigger histogram,with just a few tiny areas starting to blow out. Thus the results shown here can be considered a best case for a demanding landscape shot—there is no more possible exposure that could be given to the dark areas without blowing out the highlights.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.