EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-27 06:29:21
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Taken with brand-new lens sample, different from the April 2016 evaluation sample.
As with the Standing Dead Tree In Old Beaver Pond series, this series takes a critical look at the performance of the Sony 85mm f/1.4 GM at distance, in particular showing how shallow the depth of field is at f/1.4, even at considerable distance, and just how much stopping down is needed for shots at this distance.
This series is outstanding in showing real-world total imaging performance across the field and from aperture to aperture in a real world situation.
Aspen at Edge of Beaver Pond Meadow, First Kiss of Sunlight
Camera Raw 9.6.1 (631). View ACR Settings. Camera Profile = Adobe Standard.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.