EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-11-12 05:48:40
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This page discusses programming the Sony A7R II (and similar models) for autofocus operation.
Customizing the behavior can be extremely useful for all sorts of different application. Consider these shooting approaches:
- Pre-focusing: autofocus can be configured to not initiate when releasing the shutter. This allows pre-focusing, keeping the shutter release a separate action from focusing, which is highly useful for tripod-based shooting or similar.
- Eye AF: choice of button to use Eye AF vs conventional focus.
- Choice of focus type: conventional AF with one button such as , and initiating Eye AF with a different button, such as C3, or the center button of the 4-way controller button.
- Changing the focusing position: quickly change where the focusing center is placed.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.