EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 06:20:19
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Focus Bracketing Example @ 12mm: Failure to Reach INF, Chocolate Brown Alpine Creek
This focus stacking example looks at how the Sony A7R V focus bracketing feature fails to reach infinity focus (INF), thus requiring the photographer to manually focus and shoot a frame focused at INF, so that sharpness of the stacked image is excellent, instead of the badly blurred failure that the A7R V would have delivered.
Camera configured to shoot from starting position to INF, allowing up to 12 frames with the tightest spacing ("step width"):
Shooting => Drive Mode => Bracket Settings => Focus Bracket Settings => Focus Bracket Order = 0→+
Step Width = 1
Number of shots = 12
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.