EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-25 03:15:10
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
SpeedBooster + Zeiss 35/1.4 Distagon (NEX-6, MTB)
Assessment of the SpeedBooster + Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon using manual focus at maximum magnification for accuracy.
Two frames are considered: wide open at f/1.0 and stopped down to f/5.6. Aperture f/5.6 is five stops down and represents the peak performance that can be expected (setting aside depth of field). Use of f/8 might make further improvements in some areas via more depth of field.
Native optical performance is shown; correction of any lateral chromatic aberration is advised, but has not been done here in order to show the true optical performance as shot.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.