EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-05-22 04:18:45
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
The Sony SEL24F18Z 24mm f/1.8 E-Mount Carl Zeiss Sonnar is a Carl Zeiss autofocus lens for the Sony NEX cameras.
As a “fast” (bright) lens with an f/1.8 aperture, its design goals were likely for environmental portraiture, reportage and similar, not a landscape lens.
For full-frame cameras, the Sonnar design is generally used beginning only around 50mm focal length (e.g. the Zeiss ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar for Leica M). The smaller APS-C sensor in the Sony NEX-7, and the back-focal distance must have made it an appropriate design choice for the APS-C size sensor in the Sony NEX-7.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.