EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-10-21 01:54:18
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
This medium range scene evaluates sharpness, bokeh, color correction, and depth of field gains of the Zeiss Batis 40mm f/2 CF. A very high dynamic range scene, details in the black tires are of interest in terms of penetrating power under extreme blue light.
Winterized with 3/4" high-grade foam insulation along with Reflectix shields for windows, the van stayed 32°F inside with outside temperatures of 19°F for 20 hours. I could take further measures if I anticipated temperatures down to 15°F and lower such as baffling the interior, but I sleep best at 32°F anyway. It takes about 20 minutes of idling to get the interior from 32°F to 70°F, and that also charges my 10 kW battery system. This article and many others were written within this van exactly as seen!
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.