EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-06-05 22:28:22
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Color to Monochrome: Black and White Filter Layer
This page shows how to convert a color image to monochrome in Adobe Photoshop using a filter layer.
A direct conversion into monochrome from raw files, the two approaches offer different capabilities.filter layer can be used on any image from any camera. The elegance of this approach is that the color image can remain unmodified and the adjustments can be tweaked or changed at any time. While that is also true for
Ensure the image is 16-bit for all post-processing work including filter layers.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Monochrome is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 8 cents a day ($30/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Infrared Photography covers cameras and lenses for infrared photography.
The coverage explains all the issues involved in shooting for monochrome and in infrared. It is not a review of any particular camera or lens, though many examples are included.
- Monochrome vs color cameras.
- Post processing for monochrome.
- Guidance on workflow for infrared, including black and white and channel swapping for false-color images.
- How infrared renders, and why certain spectral cutoffs matter: false color vs black and white.
- Image quality issues to be on the lookout for in infrared.
- Numerous lens evaluations in infrared.
View an overview of infrared as well as filter spectral transmission plus examples from an optimal lens.