EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-10-22 15:51:16
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
The Zeiss Milvus 135mm f/2 is a very high performer on 35mm, but it also offers the largest image circle of any of the Zeiss Milvus or Zeiss Otus lenses. It thus represents the best case scenario for Zeiss 35mm format lenses for use on the 100-megapixel Fujifilm GFX100, which has a 44 X 33mm sensor, 67% larger in area than a 35mm full-frame sensor.
The series evaluates the Zeiss Milvus 135mm f/2 from f/2 through f/11 on a far distance scene, looking at sharpness and micro contrast, frame coverage and general performance.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Zeiss is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 21 cents a day ($75/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Zeiss offers comprehensive integrated coverage of Zeiss DSLR lenses for Canon and Nikon. Nearly a decade in the making, it covers everything you need to know for every lens in the ZF.2, ZE, Milvus and Otus lines. Zeiss mirrorless lenses are covered in Guide to Mirrorless and Zeiss ZM rangefinder lenses in Guide to Leica.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. A “cheat sheet” saving months of ad-hoc learning—Guide to Zeiss is much more than lens reviews.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time. A year’s subscription covering ALL these lenses is a tiny fraction of the cost of just ONE lens.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—Guide to Zeiss spells out best practices.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt. And see Lloyd’s articles for Lenspire.Zeiss.com.