EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-05-29 06:02:03
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
All examples on this page with the 21MP Canon EOS 5D Mark II.
Many shots on this page were handheld, manually focused by eye and some were “pushed” with some exposure compensation.
I chose this selection of images to demonstrate the characteristics of the 25/2 Distagon with a variety of subjects and distances and lighting and apertures, but with an emphasis on shooting at f/2.
Images presented in AdobeRGB colorspace. Be sure to view these images with a colorspace-aware browser like current versions of Apple Safari or Firefox, not Internet Explorer or Opera, etc.
Tenaya Canyon waterfall
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Zeiss is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 21 cents a day ($75/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Zeiss offers comprehensive integrated coverage of Zeiss DSLR lenses for Canon and Nikon. Nearly a decade in the making, it covers everything you need to know for every lens in the ZF.2, ZE, Milvus and Otus lines. Zeiss mirrorless lenses are covered in Guide to Mirrorless and Zeiss ZM rangefinder lenses in Guide to Leica.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. A “cheat sheet” saving months of ad-hoc learning—Guide to Zeiss is much more than lens reviews.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time. A year’s subscription covering ALL these lenses is a tiny fraction of the cost of just ONE lens.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—Guide to Zeiss spells out best practices.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt. And see Lloyd’s articles for Lenspire.Zeiss.com.