EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-10-27 00:11:14
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Shot with the 36-megapixel Nikon D800E.
The 28mm f/2 Distagon has a very pleasing rendering style that works particularly well with the subject matter here. Wide open it has a slight veiling haze of secondary longitudinal chromatic aberration*, diminishing rapidly until peak performance is reached in the f/4 - f/5.6 range.
Aside from its pleasing rendering style, the primary characteristic of note is an undulating field curvature which is discussed in some detail in the MTF chart, and is pointed out specifically in the Top Left crop in this example.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Zeiss is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 21 cents a day ($75/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Zeiss offers comprehensive integrated coverage of Zeiss DSLR lenses for Canon and Nikon. Nearly a decade in the making, it covers everything you need to know for every lens in the ZF.2, ZE, Milvus and Otus lines. Zeiss mirrorless lenses are covered in Guide to Mirrorless and Zeiss ZM rangefinder lenses in Guide to Leica.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. A “cheat sheet” saving months of ad-hoc learning—Guide to Zeiss is much more than lens reviews.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time. A year’s subscription covering ALL these lenses is a tiny fraction of the cost of just ONE lens.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—Guide to Zeiss spells out best practices.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt. And see Lloyd’s articles for Lenspire.Zeiss.com.