Dates seem to be farther back on all the exciting new gear than I had hoped.
Here’s what B&H reports for expected availability on red-hot new products, keeping in mind that this likely means product arrival followed by immediate sell-out of all stock, so be sure to pre-order, and be patient—
- Nikon D800: March 22, 2012
- Nikon D800E: April 12, 2012
- Nikon D4: “available for pre-order”
- Nikon 85/1.8G: “available for pre-order”
- Fuji X-Pro1: March 20, 2012
- Canon 1D X: “not available yet” (my guess is late April / early May 2012).
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II: April 17, 2012
Thank you for ordering from B&H using the links on my gear pages.
B&H is forthright about not promising what they cannot deliver. You can play games at Amazon— good luck. Nothing wrong with a pre-order at B&H, and if you are so lucky to get what you want elsewhere, one can always cancel a pre-order.
I have pre-ordered my Nikon D800E from B&H already.