I am not under any agreement with Olympus, but a leaked page arrived in my email that appears to be highly plausible. I have deleted it after writing this post, being otherwise happy to see what arrives soon enough.
The Olympus E-M1 is about to arrive, and will apparently replace the existing Olympus OM-D E-M5. I will be reviewing the E-M1 and the new pro zoom lens announced with it. And comparing it to the EM5.
- New design 16MP sensor (no anti-alising filter) and completely new image processing pipeline (presumably this means higher image quality even though resolution is the same as the Olympus OM-D E-M5).
- New high performance 12-40mm f/2.8 pro-grade lens.
- The 5-axis image stabilization system found in the EM1.
- Phase detection on sensor.
- Weather sealing, long life shutter, durability.
- Support for both Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds lenses somehow.
- Latest high quality EVF.