EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-04-11 01:58:21
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This was one of the very first series I shot with the Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L Macro. My interest here has nothing to do with the van per se, but the fact that contrast and color aberrations are challenged by this lighting and often revealed by reflections and things like chrome and paint.
Sprinter Van at Sunrise
Not long after sunrise, the van reflects the sunlit peaks across the valley. Most of the light is blue mountain light, but some of it is the orange off the peaks.
Adobe Camera Raw 10.4.0.976: view ACR settings. Camera Profile=Adobe Color.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.