EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-22 17:00:21
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The Canon 5DS R has no anti-aliasing filter, which has two effects: (a) an increased propensity to moiré and color aliasing, and (b) superior micro contrast (visible and commented upon in some of the comparisons).
Moiré can be provoked by many types of subject matter. It can occur when the frequency of fine detail approaches sensor resolution, but it can also occur when the detail has a periodic (repetitive) nature. The latter type can be seen even by the human eye (hold two screens together and slide them slightly).
Here an example is shown of the latter type in which repetitive subject matter generates color moiré (bands of alternating color). However, the details are also not far off from sensor resolution and both causes are at play.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.