EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-04-20 09:04:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
My first impression was of the professional-grade fit and finish, and I almost felt like putting them directly into a display case! You won’t find nicer build quality than this. All of the metal parts (and all are metal) appear to be black anodized, a very durable treatment. The mounting plates are hard-chromed, and not just the wear surfaces. It appears that no expense was spared in the quality of the parts.
My next impression was that these are “car lenses” meaning I would not want to carry all three of them around all day; together they’re bulky and heavy enough to give pause, but such is life with quality professional grade optics. Alas, one can’t have the solid build quality of metal and glass and light weight at the same time!
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.