EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-06-06 00:22:19
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Noise at All ISO Values
October 7, 2008 updated October 18, 2008
Please see the main page for background on noise. This page looks into noise at ISO 3200 between the Nikon D3 and Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III.
Downloading the RAW files
You may download the RAW files used on this page and try them for your own personal and private tests and investigation. All files Copyright 2008 DIGLLOYD INC, All Rights Reserved. Please note that the Canon files have extension CR2 and the Nikon files have extension NEF.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Nikon or on Canon or on Pentax.
The test subject