EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-11 07:40:51
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This page compares the following at f/9.5:
- 36.3-megapixel Nikon D800E + Zeiss ZF.2 50mm f/2 Makro-Planar.
- 22.3-megapixel Canon 5D Mark III + Zeiss ZE 50mm f/2 Makro-Planar.
- 18.0-megapixel Leica M9 + 50mm f/0.95 Noctilux-M ASPH.
The D800E has a sensor resolution advantage (linear) of 27% over the Canon 5D Mark III and 101% over the Leica M9. But the Leica M9 also has no anti-aliasing filter, so it might compensate to some degree.
A nodal slider was used to match the focus between the cameras to within a few millimeters, based on examining wider apertures beginning at f/2. Even so, the focus is not matched perfectly, and so a variety of crops are shown.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.