EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-25 05:01:24
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Aperture Series @ 24mm: Sunset over Snowy Landscape, White Mountains View to Sierra Nevada
This medium to far distance aperture series shows the performance range of the Pentax HD D FA 24-70mm f/2.8 SDM ED WR at 24mm from f/2.8 through f/13 on the Pentax K-1 II.
A pixel shift series was shot but not used due to too many checkerboarding issues. It could be used if Pentax was not so dumb in recording only one opaque file, rather than four conventional files as does Sony—why the hell can’t a single frame be easily extracted from a 4-frame pixel shift file?!
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Nikon or on Canon or on Pentax.