EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-19 21:42:11
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
See also the dolls example, which confirms the findings here.
SuperRes pixel shift mode (“SR-PSM”) merges 4 exposures into one raw file in effect providing a full RGB sampling at each photosite, vs red or green or blue (only) in StdRes / conventional mode.
Because SuperRes mode has a true RGB sample at each pixel, it avoids troublesome color moiré effects as compared to conventional Bayer matrix sampling (StdRes mode).
Here, a demonstration of the massive superiority of SuperRes pixel shift mode is shown.
Product and studio photographers take note: this SuperRes pixel shift technology is a huge problem solver: the ability to shoot images using the about $1796 Pentax K1 that all but guarantees freedom from ugly color moiré is a boon. This alone means justifies the price for anyone doing certain types of product photography work, let alone its medium format image quality in SuperRes mode.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.