EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-10-20 11:10:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The Pentax K1 in SuperRes mode is an ideal camera for focus stacking in studio still-life photography, since Motion Correction with ACR is not an issue for still-life subjects, and all color moiré issues are avoided, and a brilliance and detail can be had that is not seen with any other DSLR (as of May 2016).
This example still-life explores a simple focus stack using six exposures shot in APS-C crop mode using the K1 SuperRes pixel shift mode. APS-C crop mode was used for depth of field reasons and because getting closer with the Sigma 35/1.4 DG HSM Art would have meant blocking the wonderful natural lighting. A 50mm or 100mm would have been agreeable, but were not available.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.