EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-10-21 20:09:28
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Pentax K3 firmware version 1.00
The image review (play) feature is frustratingly modal: one can have a histogram (two variants) OR an uncluttered full image view OR two info windows, but there is no cycling between them as with Nikon or Canon.
Suppose one wants to see the histogram, then see the uncluttered image, to cycle between them. This ought to be as simple as cycling to the alternate view using the up-down arrows on the 4-way controller. Instead, it takes a button to raise a menu, then one has to scroll to the desired view, then confirm. Then to get back to the histogram, the process has to be repeated. After doing this a few dozen (or hundred) times, a frustration starts to build.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.