EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-04-20 10:15:02
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
The Pentax K3 is a 24-megapixel APS-C DSLR with some unusual features. It supersedes the K-5 II and K-5 IIs:
K-5 IIs: 16-megapixel sensor 4928 x 3264 at 14 bits
K3: 24-megapixel sensor 6016 X 4000 at 14 bits.
A 24-megapixel sensor that is downsampled to 16 megapixels (oversampling) will generate a higher quality image all but free of digital artifacts, so even if the lens is not quite up to the task, the new K3 can be expected to deliver higher quality images overall.
There are some real innovations in the K3, including the ability to turn the anti-aliasing filter on or off. When on, the anti-shake mechanism is used to blur the image slight (that’s what a fixed anti-aliasing filter does).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.