EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-06-15 00:38:31
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Shot with the 36-megapixel Nikon D800E.
Distortion shows a central bulge and a pronounced wave-like undulation that makes the steel railroad girder on the roof look like it is a piece of taffy candy.
The distortion shape is a strong barrel distortion at center which reduces into the mid zones then reverses to a pincushion distortion as the edges and corners are approached: “wave” distortion.
This is strong distortion and unacceptable for any kind of architectural photography, or even a level horizon or any scene where a natural rendition is needed. This type of distortion can be corrected, but with special purpose software, but is generally not easily dealt with in most software.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.