EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-01-19 21:24:12
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
This close range scene assesses sharpness in part, but mainly uniformity of rendition across the frame, and its bokeh qualities.
Adobe Camera Raw 9.3.1 (520). ACR settings. Camera Profile = Adobe Standard.
Series is EV-matched with minor adjustments for small variations in lighting.
Overall visual impact is of high sharpness, outstanding contrast and richly saturated colors. This is a very fine performance that is almost certainly untouchable even by Leica’s 21/1.4 Summilux, particularly in correction for secondary color, which hardly seems present at all.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.