EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-03 06:18:22
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
The Leica 24mm f/3.8 Elmar-M ASPH is Leica’s finest wide angle performer for sheer optical excellence (see MTF charts), along with very low distortion and a flat field and no focus shift. It outperforms the 21/3.4 Super-Elmar-M ASPH at the edges and corners, while matching it in central areas.
Hence in the wide angle realm it is is highly appropriate for assessing the Leica M240 against the Leica M9P for peak resolving power,
Matching the two cameras
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.