EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-08 01:27:28
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Leica users fall into two camps: purists skeptical of non-Leica alternatives (not a criticism) and those who own rangefinder lenses (Leica or Zeiss or other), and simply want to shoot them on the best platform. This page address the latter group.
Can an inexpensive APS-C mirrorless camera body deliver an equivalent or possibly even a superior image the full-frame Leica M Typ 240?
The about $648 Sony A6000 is 1/11 of the cost of the M240+EVF. Moreover, the Sony A6000 built-in EVF is of better visual quality and far superior functionality than the Leica EVF for the M240. The A6000 has a state of the art APS-C Sony sensor with slightly more resolution than the M240.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.