EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-08 02:05:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Firmware version 220.127.116.11.
There is no programmability for the menus (e.g., My Menu), so wading through a laundry list of menus is too often needed.
The feature is something one might use in the field fairly often, but the camera does not remember the last setting used: turn it off/on and Menu always is right back at . With the menu located 23 button presses down and 12 in reverse direction, a lot of button presses are needed to reach it. Since Live View consumes power, turning the camera off becomes a habit. But this resets the last menu item.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.