EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-02-28 04:09:24
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
June 2013 50/2 APO, which suffered from poor flare control.
At f/2, the APO Summicron provides a decisive knife-cut of sharpness across the frame;the Summilux and Noctilux absolutely cannot do this.
Blur qualities (bokeh) of the 50/2 APO ASPH are exceptionally uniform and pleasing across the frame, which means the “effective blur” is higher than the f/2 aperture might suggest: the juxtaposition of high sharpness with consistent blur is unequalled by the Summilux and Noctilux. Choosing a precise point of focus is thus critical: the sharpness “cut” is precise, so misplacement of the focus is problematic.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.