EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 17:24:25
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Leica 75mm f/1.25 Noctilux-M ASPH, Introduction
At about $12795, the Leica 75mm f/1.25 Noctilux-M ASPH offers a breathtaking price point with a rendering style one hopes to offer a unique rendering to match. It’s out of my price range, but I’m looking forward to getting one to shoot and review.
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.25 to f/16
- 2 Aspherical Elements
- One Anomalous Partial/Low Dispersion Glass, all other elements of low chromatic dispersion glasses
- Floating Elements System
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.8'
- Filter Thread: 67mm
- 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Built-In Extendable Lens Hood
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.