EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-03 05:54:25
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Tested with a brand-new sample of the 75/2 APO on the Leica M240.
f: 2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 9.5, 11, 13
sec: 1/180, 1/90, 1/45, 1/25, 1/12, 1/8, 1/6, 1/4
Aperture f/2 was given 0.2 stop more exposure during raw conversion.
Grassy log by waterfall
The blue mountain-shade light has been partially neutralized (white balance) to a degree to match the perceptual memory of this scene.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.