EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-08 02:44:07
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This aperture series cuts through the subject obliquely, thus showing foreground and background bokeh qualities, depth of field progression, and the presence or absence of focus shift.
Correction for color aberrations and focus shift is also evaluated.
Mining supplies wagon
Adobe Camera Raw 8.8.0 (397). ACR settings. Camera Profile = Embedded.
Diffraction-mitigating sharpening was used for the f/11 and f/13 and f/16 exposures as per Mitigating Micro Contrast Losses from Diffraction Blur in Making Sharp Images.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.