EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-02-26 23:05:33
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This series assesses the Leica 90mm f/2.2 Thamber-M across its entire aperture range, showing the pronounced dreamy veiling haze effect at wider apertures, on down to f/25.
Includes the full aperture series, f/: 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, 3.2, 4.5, 6.3, 9, 12.5, 18, 25 at sizes up to full camera resolution.
Robust Green Growth in High Mountain Meadow
Adobe Camera Raw 10.3.0.933 View ACR Settings. Camera Profile = Adobe Color. No lens corrections used.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.