EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-05-24 10:48:37
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Firmware version 126.96.36.199.
Several times I turned the camera on, and it would not take a picture; I pressed the release 10 times—nothing; some kind of electronic coma. The camera was dead and the only way to make it function again was to pull the battery and reinsert (bring your allen wrench if you have a tripod plate attached).
With another camera body two months later (my own), in the field on two occassions at dusk, the camera locked up and became unresponsive. The mounting plate had to removed and the battery pulled. The last two minutes of “sweet light” had been lost.
Total system reset
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL and Leica S.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.
Leica M Typ 240 malfunction