EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-07-24 13:32:34
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
June 2013 lens sample, which suffered from poor flare control.
On Leica M Type 240. No filter was used and the lens shade was fully extended.
See the other flare assessment pages for the 50/2 APO ASPH, such as the flare behavior under field shooting conditions.
Assessing veiling flare
The goal here was to maximize flare: the camera was placed on a tripod, then was rotated and angled in order to achieve the visibly worst case flare without having the sun directly in the frame (it is not necessarily worse to include the sun and might actually be better, but this was not the goal).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL and Leica S.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.