EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-07-21 15:29:51
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Leica SL camera firmware v1.10. OIS disabled.
Update 15 May 2016: firmware 2.0 fixes some bugs, improves focusing accuracy, and possibly may actually make compensation for focus shift work (that is biasing in a focus difference based on shooting aperture, which of course does not help if focusing manually wide open and then shooting stopped down).
This medium distance scene looks at focus accuracy and focus shift, with disappointing results (to put it mildly).
The 6000 size is the full resolution image from the Leica SL as processed from the DNG and not resampled or otherwise modified, other than saving as very high-quality JPEG.
Boulders Amid Rushing Water in Pescadero Creek
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.