EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-06 09:58:02
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This 3-way shootout compared the Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-SL ASPH to the Panasonic Lumix S Pro 50mm f/1.4 and Panasonic Lumix S 24-105mm f/4. This detailed analysis includes images up to 93 megapixels from f/1.4 through f/8 along with crops.
This subject is extremely demanding for lens performance. It is a highly detailed planar target and thus intolerant of focus shift and field curvature, revealing any lens weakness. Examined in this comparison are lens symmetry (e.g., build tolerances), sharpness particularly in outer zones, focus shift (!), field curvature, and total imaging performance.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.