EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-12-09 22:21:09
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
This page looks at performance of the Panasonic Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/4 OIS at 200mm on a demanding planar (flat) target at medium distance. This particular subject lays bare all lens weaknesses, but particularly micro contrast and sharpness across the frame.
Presented at up to 93 megapixels (1.414X linear reduction from 187MP) using an approach similar to that documented in Workflow for Multi-Shot High-Res Mode Images in Adobe Camera Raw.
Shot in Multi-Shot High-Res mode on the Panasonic S1R, sharpness and micro contrast at sensor resolution will always be superior when downsampling from 187MP High-Res mode to 47MP than for a single-frame capture at sensor resolution.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.