EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-09-22 17:52:42
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
The Fujifilm GFX100/GFX100S offer lossless-compressed raw file captures (the ideal format) in both 14-bit and 16-bit captures, as well as uncompressed files.
How much space does lossless compression save in practice?
These figures stem from 4811 files shot during a 2.5 week trip field shooting the GFX100. Nothing more real-world than that!
Most images were 14-bit lossless compressed shot for FOCUS BKT images for focus stacking.
3593 files, 14-bit: average size 97.0 MB ~= 54% savings
1218 files, 16 bit: average size 124.15 MB ~= 41% space savings
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.