EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-05-25 12:54:50
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page shows field examples of just how unrealiable the autofocus of the Fujfilm GFX100S. In my years experience going back to the Fujifilm GFX-50S, the GFX100, GFX50S, GFX50R all share this low performance level.
What is suprrising is that the PDAF pixels of the Fujifilm GFX100S/100 (so damaging to monochrome conversion) are supposed to improve focusing. But I suspect that all they do is speed up focusing, bringing inferior precision and accuracy. I’d pay extra to have a sensor without PDAF.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Medium Format is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 33 cents a day ($120/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
These systems are hugely expensive, so make the right choice for your own needs (full frame vs medium format).
- In-depth lens evaluations covering behaviors not likely to be found anywhere else, based on real-world field shooting.
- How to configure menus and buttons and best operating practices, gotchas and how-to.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens and camera behaviors.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 100 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.