EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-10-21 09:54:50
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
The about $2699 Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM is an all-new optical design for the Canon EOS R mirrorless system. Its relatively high price promises exceptional image quality given its modest lens speed.
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5-7.1 to f/32-54
- 1 Super UD Element, 6 UD Elements
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rotating Zoom Ring, Torque Adjustment
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Weather-Sealed Design, Fluorine Coating
- Compatible with optional RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters when used within the 300-500mm range of the lens.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.