EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-05-20 22:46:35
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
This lens rendering series shows the lens drawing style (rendering) across the aperture range at long range.
Sunrise Over Saddlebag Lake
Adobe Camera Raw 9.0 (414). ACR settings. Camera Profile = Camera Standard.
Sony SteadyShot disabled, Sony A7R firmware 1.2. All lens corrections disabled in the A7R and in raw conversion. However, ACR corrects lateral chromatic aberration using the built-in lens profile and does not offer any choice to not do so.
Within a few days, the lake had iced-out and was completely free of ice (even more ice coated the lake at the closer end). Sometimes, ice-out can be seen to happen in a single day, should a strong warm wind arise.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to Mirrorless offers comprehensive integrated coverage of most APS-C and full frame mirrorless cameras and lenses.
Special emphasis is placed on Sony full-frame, including Sony lenses and the high performance Zeiss Batis and Zeiss Loxia lenses plus Rokinon/Samyang and others. Fujifilm X, Olympus and Panasonic M4/3, Sigma dp Merrill and dp/sd Quattro are also covered in depth. Years in the making, it offers a wealth of material for choosing and using a mirrorless camera.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away. For example, the best way to set up your Sony camera.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly with the numerous lenses available for Sony.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Sony.