Relative sharpness and performance across cameras..
rangefinder full frame lens
Scroll down to see all publications and blog posts. Not all pages are curated—search.
Newest blog posts
Field shooting the Leica MM, and comparisons..
Focal lengths, color, weight and travel considerations. [relevant, but dated/old material].
Leica’s fastest and widest lens..
Leica’s best-performing 21mm..
- Notes: 21mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar-M ASPH
- MTF: 21mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar-M ASPH
- Distortion: 21mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar-M ASPH
- Vignetting: 21mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar-M ASPH
- Examples: Color Uniformity on M9P
- Flare: Leica 21/3.4
- Veiling Flare 21/3.4: Shaded and Unshaded
- Aperture Series: Cottonwood (M9)
- Aperture Series: 21/3.4 — Tile Rooftops Aerial (M9)
- Aperture Series: Miner’s Cabin Interior (M9)
- Aperture Series: Rancher’s Cabin Exterior (M9)
- Aperture Series: Barcroft Green Machine (M240)
- Aperture Series: Barcroft Building Rear (M240)
- Aperture Series: White Mountain Aspens in Deep Shade (M9)
- Aperture Series: Glacial Erratics (M240, M9)
- Aperture Series: Pescadero Creek (Sony A7R)
- Leica 21/3.4 vs Zeiss ZM 21/2.8 (M240, Picnic Table)
- Compared: vs Voigtlander Ultron 21mm f/1.8 (M240, Wyman Cabin Interior)
- Examples: Silver Canyon Contrasts (M9)
- Examples: Snow Biking in Cottonwood Canyon (M9)
- Examples: White Mountains Snow Day (M9)
- Sensor Cover Glass: Stock vs Kolarivision Modified Sony A7R (Mosaic)
Moderate speed high contrast ultra-wide..
Fast high performance wide angle..
Use Leica M lenses on a digital back designed for them..
Does pricey M glass deliver on mirrorless?.
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2011-06-21 Leica 21mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar-M ASPH