With all the talk about sharpness, it’s worth remembering that blur can be beautiful, and that sharpness with blur can be even more compelling. Which is why I discuss both blur and sharpness in Making Sharp Images.
So here in dreary mid-winter in the northern hemisphere is some color cheer with blur, taken on warmer days.
See also :
- Lens Performance: What Matters
- Which Wide-Angle Lens is Best?
- Blur Can Be Beautiful
- Lenses as an Investment; Electronic Lenses vs Manual Control.
- My Reference Lenses For Testing Sharpness.
- Shooting a New Lens — Focus.
- What Does Depth of Field Mean on a 36 Megapixel Camera?
- Nikon D800 / D800E — Which Nikon Lenses?
- Reader Comments on Lens Reviews.