Adobe Camera Raw 9.7 now supports the Canon 5D Mark IV raw files, but NOT the dual pixel raw format.
In Limitations with Canon Dual Pixel raw files in Camera Raw and Lightroom, Adobe provides a ridiculous confusing mess of an explanation that just leaves me scratching my head:
Adobe Camera Raw and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom offer standard support for all Canon 5D Mark IV CR2 files. Please note that Canon’s Digital Photo Professional software is required for users that want to take advantage of Canon’s new Dual Pixel raw adjustments.
Note: Canon CR2 files generated with Dual Pixel raw enabled require that the “Embed Original Raw File” option be checked when converting to DNG. For this reason, converting to DNG on Import in Lightroom is disabled for Canon Dual Pixel Raw files.
Use Canon Digital Photo Professional with Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom
- Open the Dual Pixel raw CR2 file in Canon Digital Photo Professional.
- Adjust the image using the specific Dual Pixel raw functionality.
- Adjust the white balance.
- Create a TIFF file with your adjustments.
- You can now import or open the resulting TIFF file in Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom
- I have confirmed that a Canon 5DM4 dual pixel raw file can be opened in Photoshop/ACR, but that there is no support for the dual pixel layer.
- When importing into Lightroom, dual pixel raw files will go as-is (not converted to DNG), which is my recommended/preferred way to operate anyway.