EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-12-04 15:23:02
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
The Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS is an outstanding lens which can be nit-picked for minor issues only. Every image taken with it shows outstanding sharpness along with very pleasing bokeh. Be sure to see the comparison crops in the 70-200mm f/2L IS II review.
Who might want such a lens? Indoor sports photographers, or those shooting theater, fashion, candids at various events and similar. But landscape shooters will find much to like about it, especially those looking for a more classic perspective (view camera compression) and/or one that steps outside the postcard genre. It can also make a great lens for portraiture or certain types of wildlife, especially on a 1.3X-crop sensor, such as the Canon 1D Mark IV.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.