Simplifying Menus, Removing Unwanted Clutter
This article is part of a series. See Introduction to Camera Features to start.
Modern cameras have become cluttered with hundreds of menu items that make for a confusing and inefficient operational environment.
Requirements for menus
Design that simplifies the user experience:
- Sensible organization instead of scattershot groupings.
- No artificial limits on assigning menu items to buttons.
- For raw shooters not desiring JPEG: eliminating/hiding all JPEG-centric setings for a hugely simplified menu experience.
- For shooters not needing video: eliminating/hiding all video features.
- Real customization, not just a My Menu.
|All brands lack have complicated menus clutter with JPEG-centric features, poor customization|