Fenix RC11 Palm-Size USB-Rechargeable LED Flashlight
Its diminutive sibling, the Fenix RC09 is also appealing for its powerful outtput but tiny form factor. It has performance in line with its smaller battery, but is still extremely bright and has similar behavior.
TIP: the standard offering is sold with the 2600 mAh battery, but Fenix offers 18650 batteries up to 3500 mAh. Most of the bundles push a 2nd 2600 mAh battery, but the smart move is to get the Fenix ARB-L18 3500 mAh battery, at least of off-grid usage and longer runtime matter (runtime matters to me, coming back late at night down the mountain trails). 3500 mAh is 34% more runtime than 2600 mAh.
Size is modest, fitting easily into the palm (the diameter is the largest diameter including the clip; most of the lighter is narrower).
- Length: 4.5 in / 113.5mm, diameter: 1.2 in / 29.5mm
- Weight: 2.5 oz / 70g excluding battery.
- Weight as weighed: 118 grams with lanyard and battery. +48 grams for battery alone (56g for battery in protective hard plastic case).
- Batteries: One 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery (included)
- Included: Lanyard, holster, body clip, spare O-ring, charging cable, Fenix 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting US
- Utilizes Cree XM-L2 U2 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Powered by one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two CR123A. Lithium batteries can be taken under emergency circumstance
- Magnetic suction charging port in the neck, one included 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Tailored magnetic charging cable also available in portable Micro USB devices
- One-switch for fast and convenient operation
- Lock-out function avoids accidental operation
- Intelligent over-heat protection to avoid high temperature of the surface
- Low-voltage warning reminds when charging or battery replacement is needed
- Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
- Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum, premium type Ⅲ hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish, toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
Press and hold to turn the light on or off. It can also be set to lockout mode by double-clicking, to prevent the switch being inadvertently engaged in a pocket or pack.
Blazing fast, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB, 8TB.
Lloyd’s all-time favorite SSD!
Light output is fantastic in Turbo mode: I could easily see things at least 150 feet away. While Turbo mode can overheat the flashlight, it has protective circuitry that cuts the light output when the temperature gets too high, thus protecting the LED. This isn’t a big deal; Turbo mode is so bright that it’s rare to need such intensity. Users with such needs should go with high power Lupine bike lights and headlamps and flashlights.
The lowest of the five settings is quite dim, but suitable for reading at night in a tent and should last for the five 24-hour days claimed (ten days if there is only 12 hours of night). The Low mode is bright enough to walk a smooth trail; the medium mode brightens things up for rougher terrain.
The Fenix RC11 was able to fully recharge its 2600 mAh battery in about 4 hours via solar power; see the charging test on the Anker Power Port Solar Lite 15W Solar Panel page.