The best becomes better..
DSLR full frame lens
Newest blog posts
How does video quality compare with crop of mid-2012 DSLRs?.
In-depth review of the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II including flare, distortion, field curvature, resolution charts, numerous field examples and comparison to the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G. The Canon EF 14/2.8L II is a superb lens, but with some peculiarities which may enhance or degrade its appeal for different uses. The review is as much a “user guide” as a review; even if you use this lens it’s well worth your time to read this review..
Very compact ultra wide angle..
Tamron’s ultra wide to medium fast zoom..
State of the art design in a fast 24mm lens. Includes full-resolution images at f/1.4..
Nikon’s ultra wide angle zoom and the Nikon 14mm f/2.8, critical focus shift behavior..
- Introduction and Overview
- Compared: Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G vs Nikon 14mm f/2.8: Ancient Bristlecone
- Compared: Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G vs Nikon 14mm f/2.8: White Mountains Road
- Focus Shift with Nikon 14-24 Cuts Resolution In Half!!!
- Focus Shift, Dual Series: Lee Vining Canyon, Fresh Snow on Mountains
- Focus Shift: Nikon 14-24 vs 24-70 on Nikon D800E
- Focus Shift: Nikon 14-24 Across The Frame, Focus f/2.8 vs f/5.6 (Cabin)
- Correcting Chromatic Aberration
- Nikon 14-24/2.8G vs Tamron 15-30/2.8 [IS issue] (Pescadero Creek, Nikon D810)
Options for a 24mm lens: Nikon 14-24/2.8G, Nikon 24-70/2.8G, Nikon 24/2 AI-S, Nikon PC-E 24/3.5. Sharpness, distortion, flare, field curvature, shooting impression and ergonomics..
Focusing accuracy and errors..
Focus shift with a variety of lenses..
Ultra high performance in an extreme wild wide angle lens..
A brilliant, but also colorful character..
Blog posts, reverse chronological
2008-08-16 Lenses I Like: Nikon 14-24 and 24-70