re: videos by Lloyd
Want to give your 35mm camera image quality as good or better than the sensor of a much larger medium format camera? Or your medium-format camera to deliver its best? Read on.
We look here at getting considerably better image quality via proper exposure:
- Gross underexposure with camera metering from +0 to +5/3 stop exposure compensation (1 2/3 stops range of exposure).
- Noise levels at the metered exposure through the optimal exposure.
- Color images and the grayscale R/G/B color channel noise.
- Camera histograms and how they mislead.
- How much the AI Denoise feature of Adobe Camera Raw can help.
In diglloyd Making Sharp Images, written in detail plus screencast video:
ETTR: Overcome Noise with Optimal Exposure, plus AI Denoise
Not a subscriber here? If you’re not into reading stuff and would rather only the videos and screencasts (all topics), all videos/screencasts are available separately over at diglloyd Patreon as well.
diglloyd Patreon: ETTR: Overcome Noise with Optimal Exposure, plus AI Denoise
Tip: view video at 4K resolution.